Monday 15 October 2007

27 year-old Itinerant and her dog, Musty

(Itinerant – A person who travels from place to place with no real home)
From the Portland building we made our trip towards the pebble beach sea front visiting the sites of a more traditional ‘Old Portsmouth’. Everyone in the group is given a character to play the part of and as if seeing through their eyes’, we imaging what they would think and how they might feel about the scene.


Blog: - These stone sea walls don’t have many places to hide that wouldn’t be seen by patrolling public place. The arches are a fair temporary shelter but there is nowhere here I could stay, It’s just too risky. Musty seemed to enjoy the fresh air and the walk though.- This Knot sculpture is just another place for Musty to be comfortable on, just another mess I’d have to clean in public, not a very useful idea in my opinion.- All these steps & continuous climbing, I’ve been travelling long enough already; there isn’t a bench in sight to rest on.- A sturdy pavement proves easy to travel on, I don’t like these cobbled streets, and I hope Musty’s paws aren’t hurt.- It’s nice to see so many flats and temporary housing around, a bed and breakfast might keep my stay. I wonder if they allow dogs.- Peaceful locals populate the local pubs and café’s, I’m sure their friendly enough but I wouldn’t want people to rely on me, I don’t stick around for too long. I bet they wouldn’t allow dogs anyway.Overall, I’d say Portsmouth is a nice bit of fresh air, although the flat land is good for travelling from place to place, I don’t appreciate the cobbled fashion.Musty’s paws and my heavy load are best just passing through. Nice sea views and friendly people though.In my opinion, although a 27 year old would be happy in Portsmouth, I feel that this particular character would not suit it, travelling with a heavy load; sore feet and a dog make Old Portsmouth less comfortable to my character

No comments: