Monday 15 October 2007

My own perspective - Anna

University Campus:
I love the bright pink and orange panels and seating outside Portland Building. Makes me smile in the morning.

Train Bridge:
My way of navigating Portsmouth. If I follow it long enough I reach a station and can go home. It also reminds me of the train bridges in the forest.

University Library:
Love all the different levels in there. Nice and light inside too.

Opposite St George’s building:
Just noticed how the road curves away at the same angle as the supports for the railings.

Cathedral:
For someone who hates going to church I love old churches and Cathedrals. I’m not sure if it’s because they look so solid or because it looks like they’ve spread out over the years.

Sea Wall:
More curvy railings, curved lamp posts and I can see the spinnaker tower pretty well from up here. Is this compensating for the fact that the ground is so flat? Add a bit of curve to the place? If I don’t look up soon and stop following the millennium chain I’ll probably fall down the steps.

Back of High Street:
Old cobbled streets. Little shops tucked away down alleys. I’m slowly warming to this city (but don’t tell anyone at home!)

Southsea Common:
More open space. So where did this “Portsmouth is grey and boring” come from? I can see the sea, the pier and a massive stretch of green from here. Although a Holiday Inn is a Holiday Inn wherever you are and they are ugly.

Eldon Street: Nearly done. Back towards the city centre where the buildings get taller now.

My feet are killing me, but there’s so much to record under the heading of lines so I’ll be back to do it all over again.

No comments: